lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Tricia Williams <pgwil...@student.cs.uwaterloo.ca>
Subject Re: possible FAQ - lucene interop
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 18:50:25 GMT
Hi Michael,

    What Solr is really doing is building a Lucene index.  In most cases a
Java developer should be able to access the index that Solr built through
the IndexReader/IndexSearcher classes and the location of the index that
Solr built.  See the Lucene API for details on these and other classes.
The default index location is in solr/data/index relative to where you
start the servlet which is running Solr.

Hope you find that helpful,
Tricia