lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Better highlighting fragmenter
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 00:55:44 GMT

: I've written an unpolished custom fragmenter for highlighting which is
: more expensive than the BasicFragmenter that ships with lucene, but
: generates more natural candidate fragments (it will tend to produce
: beginning/ends of sentences).
:
: Would there be interest in the community in releasing it and/or
: including it in Solr?

Mike: I don't really follow the highlighting/fragmenting buzz, but it
seems like it might make sense to contribute this directly to Lucene-Java
... of course, if you want to go ahead and commit it to Solr, it can
allways be "promoted" up to Lucene-Java later (like i suspect
FunctioQuery will be just as soon as someone gets an itch to move it)

-Hoss