lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using HTTP-Post for Queries
Date Sat, 20 Jan 2007 05:44:24 GMT
On 1/19/07, Erik Hatcher <erik@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:
> Also consider that I expect Solr to support the XMLQueryParser at
> some point in the near future

I had always planned on supporting an XML query format, but I never
got a chance to review the XMLQueryParser now in Lucene to see if I
like it.  Do you?

In the back of my mind, I've been thinking about *how* to support
multiple query syntaxes.
trying to add new parameters everywhere specifying the type doesn't
seem like a great idea (way too many places).
It would be nice if the type of the query syntax could be expressed in
the query string itself... no necessity for any new params (although
it wouldn't preclude them).

Something like the way xml does it perhaps?

<?xml...> <BooleanQuery>...
<?surround>the actuall surround syntax
<?qp>foo:bar -baz:taz
foo:bar   #default is lucene query syntax

-Yonik