lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Ryan McKinley" <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: merely a suggestion: schema.xml validator or better schema validation logging
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2007 04:33:37 GMT
On 3/2/07, Yonik Seeley <yonik@apache.org> wrote:
> On 3/2/07, Ryan McKinley <ryantxu@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The rationale with the solrconfig stuff is that a broken config should
> > behave as best it can.
>
> I don't think that's what I was actually going for in this instance
> (the schema).
> I was focused on getting correct stuff to work correctly, and worry
> about incorrect stuff later :-)

sorry, I was referring to solrconfig.xml... if something goes wrong
(think) there are code comments somewhere about how it should be ok to
have an error and still keep a working system...  I'd like to be able
to configure a "strict" mode so it does not continue.

> > The other one that can confuse you is if you add documents with fields
> > that are undefined - rather then getting an error, solr adds the
> > fields that are defined (it may print out an exception somewhere, but
> > i've never noticed it)
>
> Also unintended.

How do you all feel about returning an error when you add a document
with unknown fields?

I spent a long time tracking down an error with a document set with an
uppercase field name to something configured with a lowercase field.