lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Ryan McKinley" <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: merely a suggestion: schema.xml validator or better schema validation logging
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2007 23:15:34 GMT
On 3/3/07, Yonik Seeley <yonik@apache.org> wrote:
> On 3/3/07, Ryan McKinley <ryantxu@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is there enough general interest in having error response codes to
> > change the standard web.xml config to let the SolrDispatchFilter
> > handle /select?
>
> /select should already use HTTP error codes, right?

i see whats happening...  I ran into this while writing the
SolrDispatchFilter - had me stumped for a while.

The SolrServlet passes along the status code from a SolrException.
This works great if you throw a SolrException with a 'valid' HTTP
status code (400, etc).  But MANY of the SolrExceptions use a status
code '1'.  Then it depends on the servlet container what is actually
sent to the client.  I know resin and jetty do different things.  In
the SolrDispatchFilter, I send a HTTP status code 500 if the
SolrException status is less then 100.