lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Ryan McKinley" <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: merely a suggestion: schema.xml validator or better schema validation logging
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2007 02:08:54 GMT
On 3/3/07, Yonik Seeley <yonik@apache.org> wrote:
> On 3/3/07, Ryan McKinley <ryantxu@gmail.com> wrote:
> > But MANY of the SolrExceptions use a status
> > code '1'.
>
> Hmmm, I did an audit of the exceptions before we entered the incubator, and
> I thought I caught all the ones that generated anything out of the 400
> and 500 range
> and could be thrown during a query (most of the "1" return codes had
> to do with schema or config parsing I think).
>
> Any I missed should be fixed.

I clearly overstated the case with "MANY" - and you are right, none
are reachable from /select, so i must be off base about the /select
response code stuff.

quick search shows
  IndexSchema.java - 3, "1" status codes
  DirectUpdateHandler.java - 2, "2" status codes
  UpdateHandler.java - 2, "1" status codes

everthing else has 500,400,503