lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 'accumulate' copyField for faceting
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 23:05:25 GMT
On 3/1/07, Ryan McKinley <ryantxu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, I'll let you all know how it goes to facet on the (>70)
> cities/counties in the united states!

Heh... how many documents?

I'll be interested in seeing some numbers.  The number of documents
matching the base query and filters will also factor in (small will be
HashDocSet, large will be BitDocSet).

Just make sure to run all of your facets, then check the statistics
page to see how big you need to make the filterCache to hold them all
(and add a little extra for random filters).  The access pattern for
the faceting code is worst case for the LRU cache, so it needs to
avoid any evictions.

-Yonik