lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: merely a suggestion: schema.xml validator or better schema validation logging
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2007 01:54:50 GMT
On 3/3/07, Ryan McKinley <ryantxu@gmail.com> wrote:
> But MANY of the SolrExceptions use a status
> code '1'.

Hmmm, I did an audit of the exceptions before we entered the incubator, and
I thought I caught all the ones that generated anything out of the 400
and 500 range
and could be thrown during a query (most of the "1" return codes had
to do with schema or config parsing I think).

Any I missed should be fixed.

> Then it depends on the servlet container what is actually
> sent to the client.  I know resin and jetty do different things.  In
> the SolrDispatchFilter, I send a HTTP status code 500 if the
> SolrException status is less then 100.

That sounds fine.  I didn't realize it could even vary by container.

-Yonik