lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Koji Sekiguchi <k...@r.email.ne.jp>
Subject Re: about cache
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 14:55:13 GMT
I think cumulative_ counters are the total count of successive
SolrIndexSearchers' cache.
For example, you have a registered searcher and you see:

inserts: 1
cumulative_inserts: 1

Then you update your index and do commit, you got a new searcher.
At this moment, non cumulative_ counters come to zero.
Then you search something and you could see:

inserts: 1
cumulative_inserts: 2

And if you have enough room for inserting new entries, evictions
might be zero. To see none zero evictions, you can set
a small size for queryResultCache and try to issue many unique queries.
For example, set the size to 1, then issue 2 unique queries, then
you can see evictions: 1.

regards,

Koji