lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: problems finding negative values
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 21:05:15 GMT
On 4/4/07, galo <galo@last.fm> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an index consisting on the following fields:
>
> <field name="id" type="long" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
> <field name="length" type="integer" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
> <field name="key" type="integer" indexed="true" stored="true"
> multiValued="true" />
>
> Each doc has a few key values, some of which are negative.
>
> Ok, I know there's a document that has both 826606443 and -1861807411
>
> If I search with
>
> http://localhost:8080/solr/select/?stylesheet=&version=2.1&start=0&rows=50&indent=on&q=-1861807411&fl=id,length,key
>
> I get no results, but if I do
>
> http://localhost:8080/solr/select/?stylesheet=&version=2.1&start=0&rows=50&indent=on&q=826606443&fl=id,length,key
>
> I get the document as expected.
>
> Obviously the key field is configured as a search field, indexed, etc.
> but somehow solr doesn't like negatives. I'm assuming this might have
> something to do with analysers but can't tell how to fix it.. any ideas??

It doesn't have anything to do with analyzers, it has to do with the
Lucene query parser that Solr uses.  A minus sign means "must not
appear", so
q=-1861807411 means "1861807411" must not appear in the default search field.

Try escaping the "-" by enclosing the search term in quotes, or
backslash escaping it.

q="-1861807411"

-Yonik