lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Sean Bowman" <pico...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with Setup
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 21:31:48 GMT
Try:

curl http://localhost:8080/solr/update --data-binary '<add><doc><field
name="id">2008</field><field name="storyText">The Rain in Spain Falls
Mainly In The Plain</
field></doc></add>'

And see if that works.  I don't think curl lets you put a filename in
for the --data-binary parameter.  Has to be the actual data, though
something like this might also work:

curl http://localhost:8080/solr/update --data-binary `cat articles.xml`

Those are open ticks, not apostrophes.