lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: snapshooter on OS X
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:00:12 GMT
On 4/24/07, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:

> ...++ . <my path>/apache-solr-1.1.0-incubating/example/solr/conf/
> scripts.conf
> +++ $'\r'
> : command not found <my-path>/apache-solr-1.1.0-incubating/example/...

Not sure what $'\r' means exactly, but it might indicate invalid
characters either in the snapshooter or scripts.conf files.

You can use for example "cat -v somefile" to see if there are any
unprintable characters in somefile, there should be none in the
scripts and configuration files.

If you're working with a distribution extracted from a zip file, there
might be DOS end-of-lines in some files (didn't check, just a wild
guess).

-Bertrand