lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Things are not quite stable...
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 08:20:51 GMT
On 4/25/07, Jack L <jlist9@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> ...solr stops functioning properly after running for a few days.
> The symptom is search returning nothing, or when I go to /solr/admin/,
> I get file browsing page showing a list of files (.css, etc),...

Are your symptoms similar to those of
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-118 ?

I'm seeing this as well on a Solr instance that runs a snapshot from
early 2007, but I haven't found exactly what's going on yet. In our
case, searches continue to work, but it seems like the part of Jetty
that serves static files stops working.

It might be related to some "too many open files" problem, maybe

Are you running a Solr release, or a snapshot? It'd be interesting to
know If you're running code that predates the fix done in SOLR-173. In
my case, on the production system the code is older than that.

-Bertrand