lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Searchproblem composite words
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 15:58:32 GMT
Hi Lutz,

That is because neither Solr nor Lucene (the indexing/searching toolkit that Solr runs on
top of) know anything about compound words.  Noting there knows that the English word "wishlist"
is a compounded word.  You'd have to write your own analyzer and tokenizer that examines each
word/token and splits it into its constituent words if the token/word is a compound word.
 In other words, you'd have to write something that is language-aware and language-specific.

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: Lutz Steinborn <lutz64@googlemail.com>
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, May 2, 2007 5:41:33 AM
Subject: Searchproblem composite words

Hi,

I have a search problem with composite words.

For example I have the composite word "wishlist" in my document. I can
easily find the document by using the search string "wishlist" or "wish*"
but I don't get any result with "list".

I can do a fuzzy search but this gives me too many results.

Is where a better way to fix this problem ?

Kindly regards

Lutz Steinborn
4c GmbH