lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Koji Sekiguchi <k...@r.email.ne.jp>
Subject Re: Solr Update Handler Failes with Some Doc Characters
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 16:20:02 GMT
I'm not sure this is the case, but did you use CDATA section in your XML?
Or try to use character reference to represent copyright symbol.
I believe it is &copy; or &#169; .

Hope this helps,

Koji

av_work@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I run the example using Jetty on Windows 2003 machine. When I submit some documents containing
upper ASCII characters, Solr update handler fails with an XML parsing error saying that it
encountered an EOF before the closing tags.

> The XML is perfectly correct and is using utf-8 encoding. It is generated using XmlWriter
from C#. When viewing the XML in a browser it parses and displayes properly.

> For exampe, Solr breaks on the copyright symbol (c).
>
> Is there some configuration setting that I need to change to make sure it is able to
parse this documents correctly?