lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Ge, Yao \(Y.\)" <...@ford.com>
Subject Look ahead queries
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 13:19:04 GMT
I am planning to develop look ahead queries with Solr so that as user
type query terms a list of related terms is shown in a popup window
(similar to Google suggest). It will be a little AJAX type calls to Solr
with wildcards. So if user types "fuel", a look ahead query will be sent
to solr in form of "fuel *". User will end-up seeing relevant terms like
"fuel consumption", "fuel leaks", "fuel tank" etc showing up. In this
case, I will likely to limit queries to certain fields only and some
post processing is required to get a final list of suggestion. Let me
know if someone has already done this and there are better ways or
suggestions to accomplish this. I figured solr's caching will make this
type of application more efficient than a straight Lucene integration.

Thanks.

-Yao