lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mike Klaas <mike.kl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Please help! Solr 1.1 HTTP server stops responding
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 23:55:20 GMT
On 30-Jul-07, at 11:35 AM, David Whalen wrote:

> Hi Yonik!
>
> I'm glad to finally get to talk to you.  We're all very impressed
> with solr and when it's running it's really great.
>
> We increased the heap size to 1500M and that didn't seem to help.
> In fact, the crashes seem to occur more now than ever.  We're
> constantly restarting solr just to get a response.

How much memory is on the system, and is anything else running?  How
large is the resulting index?

If you're willing for some queries to take longer after a commit,
reducing/eliminating the autoWarmCount for your queryCache and
facetCache should decrease the peak memory usage (as Solr as two
copies of the cache open at that point).  Setting it to zero could up
the halve the peak memory usage (at the cost of loss of performance
after commits).

As yonik suggested, check for PERFORMANCE warnings too--you may have
more than two Searchers open at once.

-Mike