lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Nuno Leitao <n...@scaletrix.com>
Subject Pagination of results and XSLT.
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 01:19:11 GMT
Hi,

Has anyone tried to handle pagination of results using XSLT's ? I'm
not really sure it is possible to do it in pure XSLT because all the
response object gives us is a total document count - paginating the
results would involve more than what XSLT 1.0 could handle (I'll be
very happy if someone proves me wrong :)).

I know there is something in Apache Forrest which seems to include
the ability to paginate results by changing the XML result set from
Solr such that it looks like:

<result name="response" numFound="17" start="0">
  <paginator found="17" start="0" rows="10" pages="2">
   <page id="1" queryString="..." current="true"/>
   <page id="2" queryString="..."/>
  </paginator>
<doc>

This would allow an XSLT to simply <xsl:for-each> across all the
pages. I can't really figure out if this was done within Solr, Cocoon
or what, and what I would need to do within Solr to implement this
kind of pagination strategy.

Any suggestions ?

--Nuno