lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Stu Hood" <stuh...@webmail.us>
Subject Re: Merging Solr Collections
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:58:44 GMT

Thanks Otis,

So Lucene's functions for merging indexes will correctly merge Solr Collections, without losing
stored data? Thats good news!

Webmail.us is currently using vanilla Lucene for indexing our customer e-mail, which is working
just fine. But our Log Search implementation isn't scalable enough to handle our growth, so
I've been charged with finding a better solution for keeping track of the 60GB+ of log data
we generate daily.

Solr is definitely being considered.

Thanks!
Stu

-----Original Message-----
From: Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com>
Sent: Wed, July 11, 2007 11:44 am
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Merging Solr Collections

Hi Stu,

You can simply take your N Lucene indices managed by your N Solr instances and merge them
into 1 Lucene index.  Then you can take your N Solr schema.xml's and solrconfig.xml's and
merge them into a single schema.xml and a single solrconfig.xml that act as a union of the
previous N configs.  Point your Solr to a newly merged index and use the newly merged configs,
and I think you should be all set.

Is Webmail.us using Solr for email search?

Otis
--
Lucene Consulting -- http://lucene-consulting.com/