lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mike Klaas <mike.kl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Indexing question - split word and comma
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2007 18:56:40 GMT
On 5-Jul-07, at 11:43 AM, Martin Grotzke wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a document with a name field like this:
> <field name='name'>MP3-Player, Apple, &#xBB;iPod nano&#xAB;, silber,
> 4GB</field>
>
> and want to find "apple". Unfortunately, I only find "apple,"...
>
> Can anybody help me with this?

Sure: you're using WhitespaceAnalyzer, which only splits on
whitespace.  If you want to split words from punctuation, you should
use something like StandardAnalyzer or WordDelimiterFilter.

It is also extremely helpful to look at the analysis page on the solr
admin (verbose=true) and see exactly what tokens your analyzer produces.

-Mike