lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: differen locations for config files and Data files if using Java System Properties
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 16:00:41 GMT

> in solrconf.xml I found this entry, which is now uncomented
>   <dataDir>${solr.data.dir:./solr/data}</dataDir>
> before it was
>   <!--
>   <dataDir>./solr/data</dataDir>
>   -->
>
> Don't know if this is the desired behaviour. How should I change the entry
> not to have the data in the working directory and not to uncomment the entry
> !

Just comment out the dataDir bit and the path will be relative to solr
home.  If you leave it in, it will be relative to the running directory
so use an absolute path.

I ran in to this problem a while ago... we talked about changing it, but
i don't think anything has happened yet.

http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-svn-commit%3A-r544356----lucene-solr-trunk-example-solr-conf-solrconfig.xml-tf3905591.html#a11073210

ryan