lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject solrsharp thoughts
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2007 23:33:19 GMT
I just took a quick look at solrsharp.  I don't really have to use it
yet, so this is not an in depth review.

I like the templated SearchResults -- that seems useful.

I don't quite follow the need to parse the SolrSchema on the client
side?  Is that to know what fields are available?  Could the same thing
be achieved reading the response from the luke request handler?  I only
worry about it is as something to keep in sync with the java impl.

It would be good to be able to change the request paths.  While /select
and /update will usually work, it is possible to put stuff elsewhere.

nitpick: FacetParameter.Zeros - should use facet.mincount instead.
(facet.mincount=0 is the same behavior)

ryan