lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: comma-separated multivalued field
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 21:48:27 GMT
Lance Lance wrote:
> Hi-
>
> I'd like to make a multivalued field of comma-separated phrases. Is there a
> class available that I can use for this?
> I can see how to create N separate elements for the same field in the update
> XML, but is there something I can use in type definition?

If you are just talking about what tokens are indexed (and therefor
searchable), use a PatternTokenizerFactory and split on ","

If you want to index:
  <field name="content">aaa, bbb, ccc</field>

And get back:
  <arr name="content">
   <str>aaa</str>
   <str>bbb</str>
   <str>ccc</str>
  </arr>

There is nothing off the shelf to do this.  In the latest dev source,
there is a place to do this kind of transformation, but it is still
brand new.  If interested, check the UpdateRequestProcessor.

ryan