lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MoreLikeThis handler and field collapsing.
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 16:06:39 GMT
Nuno Leitao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a 1.3 Solr with the field collapsing patch (SOLR-236 -
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-236).
>
> Collapsing works great, but only using the dismax and standard query
> handler - I haven't managed to get it to work using the MoreLikeThis
> handler though - I am going for a simplistic approach where I just run a
> query such as:
>
> /mlt?start=0&rows=3&collapse.field=collapsefield&collapse.type=normal
>
> Looking at the SOLR-236 patch it seems the field collapsing has only
> been patched into the StandardRequestHandler and the
> DisMaxRequestHandler, which would explain why this fails to work
> completely, but perhaps someone has found another way ?

I have not tried, but field collapsing should be able to work with the
MoreLikeThis handler -- but it is not part of the patch.

Given that we keep trying to add more widgets to the search chain, there
has been talk of "search component" based handler that can easily share
this sort of functionality.

check:
http://www.nabble.com/search-components-%28plugins%29-tf3898040.html#a11050274

SOLR-281 is now just a quick/dirty brainstorm, but I think it is the
likely direction for how field collapsing will be integrated.

In short, if you need something to work quickly: apply the same pattern
from DisMax and Standard to the MoreLikeThis handler.  If you have more
time (and interest) it would be great to add these features to SOLR-281.

ryan