lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Arnaud.Gaudinat@healthonnet.org" <arnaud.gaudi...@healthonnet.org>
Subject Re: mandatory and optional fields in the dismaxrequesthandler
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 11:06:18 GMT
Chris Hostetter wrote:
> : Is it possible to specify precisely one or more mandatory fields in a
> : DismaxRequestHandler?
>
> what would the semantics making a field mandatory mean?  considering your
> specific example...
>
> :      <str name="qf">
> :         text^0.5 features^1.0 name^1.2 sku^1.5 id^10.0 manu^1.1 cat^1.4
> :      </str>
> :      <str name="bla>
> :        +text +feature name manu
> :     <str>
> :
> : where 'text' and 'feature' are mandatory and 'name' and 'manu' are
> : optional fields.
>
> if text and feature are mandatory but name and manu are not, how are the
> other fields in the qf treated?

sorry forget the others fields, they were in the basic example and
consider this fields only:

:      <str name="qf">
:         text^0.5 features^1.0 name^1.2 manu^1.1
:      </str>

> if the q param is:  albino elephant  ... what would it mean that text and
> feature are mandatory?  do both words have to appear in text and in
> feature, or just one in each?

What I wanted is that  'albino' 'elephant' words have to appear in both
'text' and  'features' fields and  optionally in 'name' and 'manu' fields.

Arno