lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Runo <mr...@zappos.com>
Subject Re: Faceted Hierarchal Navigation
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 19:25:40 GMT
We were thinking of using SOLR simply because we'll end up navigating
around the products via facets at some level - so why not just use it
from the beginning.

For example, if we build the category landing pages from our DB, when
the user clicks on a link, they'll get dumped into SOLR to view the
products.. why not get the list of available categories to generate
the landing page as well? Either way, we have to store the
departments in the index, right?

Am I trying to make SOLR do something it's not designed to do? Please
tell me if I am =p