lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Runo <mr...@zappos.com>
Subject Re: Replication script file issues..
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 18:42:20 GMT
Also...

[mruno@search2:/home/mruno]$ sudo /opt/solr/bin/snapinstaller -M
search1.zappos.com -d /opt/solr/data -S /opt/solr/logs -u tomcat5  -v
: command not foundpts.conf: line 15:
: command not foundpts.conf: line 15:
started by mruno
command: /opt/solr/bin/snapinstaller -M search1.zappos.com -d /opt/
solr/data -S /opt/solr/logs -u tomcat5 -v
installing snapshot /opt/solr/data/snapshot.20070718113034
notifing Solr to open a new Searcher
: command not foundpts.conf: line 15:
!udo: no passwd entry for tomcat5
failed to connect to Solr server
snapshot installed but Solr server has not open a new Searcher

I think that snapinstaller is failing because commit fails without
the -u tomcat5 in it...

On Jul 18, 2007, at 11:40 AM, Matthew Runo wrote:

> That seemed to work well. Thank you!
>
> I'm seeing some weird stuff from the code though, revolving, I
> think, around users..
>
> [mruno@search2:/home/mruno]$ sudo /opt/solr/bin/commit
> : command not foundpts.conf: line 15:
> !udo: no passwd entry for tomcat5
> [mruno@search2:/home/mruno]$ sudo /opt/solr/bin/commit -u tomcat5
> : command not foundpts.conf: line 15:
> : command not foundpts.conf: line 15:
> [mruno@search2:/home/mruno]$
>
> Why would the first fail, but the second work?
>
> I have the following set up in the scripts.conf file..
>
> user=tomcat5
> solr_hostname=search2.zappos.com
> solr_port=8080
> rsyncd_port=18080
> data_dir=/opt/solr/data
> webapp_name=solr
> master_host=search1.zappos.com
> master_data_dir=/opt/solr/data
> master_status_dir=/opt/solr/logs
>
> Once I get this all working, I'm going to update the wiki with a
> "how to" page for replication. All the information is there, but
> it's a bit hard to find, and I think a nice how-to would help lots
> of people.
>
> +--------------------------------------------------------+
>  | Matthew Runo
>  | Zappos Development
>  | mruno@zappos.com
>  | 702-943-7833
> +--------------------------------------------------------+
>

> On Jul 18, 2007, at 10:17 AM, Bill Au wrote:
>
>> You should specify snapshooter by its full path, as in:
>>
>> <str name="exe">/opt/solr/bin/snapshooter</str>
>>
>> Bill
>>

>> On 7/18/07, Matthew Runo <mruno@zappos.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm sorry about this guys, but I'm having the strangest path errors
>>> with replication..
>>>
>>> SEVERE: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "snapshooter" (in
>>> directory "/opt/solr/bin"): java.io.IOException: error=2, No such
>>> file or directory
>>>
>>> but.. cd /opt/solr/bin and the snapshooter file is there. And owned
>>> by the tomcat user... so what's the deal? Obviously I'm overlooking
>>> something.. but I'm not sure what..
>>>
>>> Here's the solrconfig.conf file section
>>>

>>>      <listener event="postCommit"
>>> class="solr.RunExecutableListener">