lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Matt Mitchell <mw...@virginia.edu>
Subject Updating index on cluster
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 19:11:56 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently working on an application which is living in a
clustered server environment. There is a hardware based balancer, and
each node in the cluster has  a separate install of Solr. The
application code and files are on a NFS mount, along with the "solr/
home". The first node has been acting as the master.

My question is about reindexing, and even schema updates in some
circumstances.

For a reindex, I post to Solr on the master node and then restart the
remaining nodes.
Is there a better way to do this?

For a schema update, I stop the master, delete the data/index dir,
start solr and then post to Solr on the master node. Then I restart
the remaining nodes.
Is there a better way to do this?

Any tips, feedback or what have are much appreciated!

Matt