lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Nuno Leitao <n...@scaletrix.com>
Subject Computing an md5 of a text field.
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2007 11:55:34 GMT
Hi,

I would like to be able to compute and store the MD5 sum for a given
text in a field (in my case, I am talking about a URL string). For
example, if I have a field called 'url' the following would happen:

'http://wiki.apache.org' -> 'cb4f7e6ca1a0c00b146894b75d9f98dc'

I've been scratching my head trying to figure out how to go about
this, but so far I can only think of one way which would be to write
a new analyzer which computes the actual MD5 and creates the computed
MD5 as a token.

Any other, perhaps simpler ways (and which don't involve writing a
whole new analyzer class) ?

Thanks and Best Regards.

--Nuno