lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Problems running SOLR 1.2 - documents not being indexed properly
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 12:50:07 GMT
Hello Daniel,

it sounds strange to me because in SolrCore you can find in initIndex() that locks are removed
at initialisation....

Regards Ard

> 
> Hi
> 
> I'm developing a search application using SOLR/Lucene and I 
> think I found a
> bug.
> 
> I was trying to index more documents and the total document 
> number wasn't
> changing, but for each document batch I was sending to update 
> the index, the
> numbers shown by the console in the update handler section 
> was changing by 1
> (not by the number of documents sent) and the autocommit 
> wasn't committing
> it... So I realised that a write.lock was in place since a 
> JVM crash that
> happened a couple of days ago.
> 
> The main problem to me is that instead of having some failure 
> logging or
> console information about it I just had those misleading information.
> 
> Regards,
> Daniel  
> 
> 
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/
> This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may 
> contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC 
> unless specifically stated.
> If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
> Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor 
> act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.
> Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
> Further communication will signify your consent to this.
> 					
> 

Mime
View raw message