lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alexandru Badiu <a...@417.ro>
Subject Getting all records using dismax
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 14:11:43 GMT
Hello,

Since it's my first email to this list I want to say thank you for a
wonderful piece of software.

Now, onto more serious business. :) I switched from the standard
request handler to the dismax one to use boosting. Using the std one
I was using a q=*:* to retrieve all records from solr. This approach
doesn't work with dismax however. Nor [* TO *] or field_id:[* TO *].

I saw there was a discussion about this in February and I was
wondering if there's been any changes. Can I retrieve all records
using dismax? I could use the std one when there's no query but we're
building a white-label portal which should boost specific fields all
the time, fields which are not fixed (each partner will have it's own
boosted fields).

Best regards,
Alexandru Badiu
http://www.voidberg.org