lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Runo <mr...@zappos.com>
Subject Re: Replication script file issues..
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 18:40:19 GMT
That seemed to work well. Thank you!

I'm seeing some weird stuff from the code though, revolving, I think,
around users..

[mruno@search2:/home/mruno]$ sudo /opt/solr/bin/commit
: command not foundpts.conf: line 15:
!udo: no passwd entry for tomcat5
[mruno@search2:/home/mruno]$ sudo /opt/solr/bin/commit -u tomcat5
: command not foundpts.conf: line 15:
: command not foundpts.conf: line 15:
[mruno@search2:/home/mruno]$

Why would the first fail, but the second work?

I have the following set up in the scripts.conf file..

user=tomcat5
solr_hostname=search2.zappos.com
solr_port=8080
rsyncd_port=18080
data_dir=/opt/solr/data
webapp_name=solr
master_host=search1.zappos.com
master_data_dir=/opt/solr/data
master_status_dir=/opt/solr/logs

Once I get this all working, I'm going to update the wiki with a "how
to" page for replication. All the information is there, but it's a
bit hard to find, and I think a nice how-to would help lots of people.