lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: differen locations for config files and Data files if using Java System Properties
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 15:59:35 GMT

: in solrconf.xml I found this entry, which is now uncomented
:   <dataDir>${solr.data.dir:./solr/data}</dataDir>
: before it was
:   <!--
:   <dataDir>./solr/data</dataDir>
:   -->
:
: Don't know if this is the desired behaviour. How should I change the entry
: not to have the data in the working directory and not to uncomment the entry

that file is an *example* of what a solrconfig.xml might look like, it
serves as a good starting point for you to make your own solrconfig.xml to
customize -- but when upgrading solr you should not throw out your
existing solrconfig.xml and use the latest example (anymore then you
should throw away your schema.xml)

keep using your old solrconfig.xml and everything will be fine.

-Hoss