lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Problems running SOLR 1.2 - documents not being indexed properly
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 18:16:55 GMT

: After I removed manually it worked correctly and I've restarted a few times
: since the "lost lock" was there... Isn't that lock removal on start-up
: optional?

it is, it's controlled by the...
    <unlockOnStartup>false</unlockOnStartup>
...option in the mainIndex or indexDefaults section.

: >> The main problem to me is that instead of having some failure
: >> logging or
: >> console information about it I just had those misleading information.

are you sure you didn't get an error?

I just tested this out by touching the write.lock file in solr/data/index,
then started the server up, and on any attempt to add a document i got
this in the Solr logs...

SEVERE: org.apache.lucene.store.LockObtainFailedException: Lock obtain
timed out: SimpleFSLock@/home/chrish/svn/solr/example/solr/data/index/write.lock

...and i got a status 500 HTTP response code to my client.

-Hoss