lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: history
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2007 16:20:52 GMT
On 7/7/07, Brian Whitman <brian.whitman@variogr.am> wrote:
> I have been trying to plan out a history function for Solr. When I
> update a document with an existing unique key, I would like the older
> version to stay around and get tagged with the date and some metadata
> to indicate it's not "live." Any normal search would not touch
> history documents.

Interesting...
One might be able to accomplish this with the update processors that
Ryan & I have been batting around for the last few days, in
conjunction with updateable documents, which is on-deck.

The first idea that comes to mind is that during an update, you could
change the id of the older document to be something like
id_<timestamp>, and reindex it with the addition of a live:false
field.

For normal queries, use a filter of -live:false filter.
For all old of a document, use a prefix query id:mydocid_*
for all versions of a document, use query id:mydocid*

So if you can hold off a little bit, you shouldn't need a custom query
handler.  This will be a good use case to ensure that our request
processors and updateable documents are powerful enough.

-Yonik