lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From nithyavembu <nithyave...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: How to search Case Sensitive words?
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2007 03:43:03 GMT

Hi Dona,

   Thanks a lot for your reply. Yeah, its with the analyzer we use for
indexing and searching for case sensitive words. You are correct :-)

   But Even i use those types of indexing and searching i am unable to
search the case sensitive words..
   I am facing the problem in forming query.
   My query structure is : (searchtext+*).
   For example I am indexing three records named
     * priya
     * priyadarshini
     * priyan

   If i search for (PRIYA*), it has to retrieve the all three records. But
it is retrieving nothing.
   If i search (PRIYA), it retrieving all.
   If i search (PRIYA\*), in encoded form (PRIYA%5C*), it retrieving only
priya.

   In my query structure "*" should come after the search text to get all
details..Its like google search..I have the necessity to use "*". But if i
use "*", It does not retrieve record. At the same time i want all records
with the case sensitive words. Is there any solution?

   Thanks in advance.

Regards,
V.Nithya.