lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Dong Wang" <wangdongpk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The mechanism of data replciation in Solr?
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 17:24:43 GMT
Thank you, Thorsten Scherler and Bill Au.I'm so indiscretionary to
post this question, Thanks for your patience.
Ok, Here comes my new questions, Solr's Wiki says
"All the files in the index directory are hard links to the latest
snapshot. This technique has these advantages: Can keep multiple
snapshots on each host without the need to keep multiple copies of
index files that have not changed. File copying from master to slave
is
very fast...balabala........
"
Why do hard links make file copying between master and slave fast?
Thanks. Best Regards.

--
Wang