lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Matt Mitchell <mw...@virginia.edu>
Subject solr/home
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 19:16:34 GMT
Hi,

I recently upgraded to Solr 1.2. I've set it up through Tomcat using
context fragment files. I deploy using the tomcat web manager. In the
context fragment I set the environment variable solr/home. This use
to work as expected. The solr/home value pointed to the directory
where "data", "conf" etc. live. Now, this value doesn't get used and
instead, tomcat creates a new directory called "solr" and "solr/data"
in the same directory where the context fragment file is located.
It's not really a problem in this particular instance. I like the
idea of it defaulting to "solr" in the same location as the context
fragment file, but as long as I can depend on it always working like
that. It is a little puzzling as to why the value in my environment
setting doesn't work though?

Has anyone else experienced this behavior?

Matt