lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Tagging using SOLR
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 11:47:53 GMT

On Sep 6, 2007, at 3:29 AM, Doss wrote:
> We are running an appalication built using SOLR, now we are trying
> to build
> a tagging system using the existing SOLR indexed field called
> "tag_keywords", this field has different keywords seperated by
> comma, please
> give suggestions on how can we build tagging system using this field?

There is also a wiki page on some brainstorming on how to implement
tagging within Solr: <http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UserTagDesign>

It's easy enough to have a tag_keywords field, but updating a single
tag_keywords field is not so straightforward without sending the
entire document to Solr every time it is tagged.  See SOLR-139's
extensive comments and patches to see what you're getting into.

	Erik