lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mike Klaas <mike.kl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Facets queries are not caching
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 19:33:48 GMT
On 6-Nov-07, at 11:08 AM, Jonathan ter Horst wrote:

> I can't figure out why running the same query twice in a row using
> facets
> takes the same amount of time:
>
> INFO: /select
>> facet=true&fl=pk_i,score&facet.mincount=1&q=(510)+AND
>> +type_t:Candidate&facet.limit=-1&facet.field=company_facet&qt=standar

>> d&wt=ruby
>> 0 6670
>> Nov 6, 2007 12:54:59 PM org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore execute
>> INFO: /select
>> facet=true&fl=pk_i,score&facet.mincount=1&q=(510)+AND
>> +type_t:Candidate&facet.limit=-1&facet.field=company_facet&qt=standar

>> d&wt=ruby
>> 0 6659
>>

> If I disable facets, the query is instantaneous. Based on my
> simplistic
> reading of SimpleFacets.java, the calls to numDocs should be
> placing things
> in the filter cache, no?

It does.  Are you sure that the filter cache wasn't already warmed,
and if not, that it is large enough to house the # of unique values
you are faceting on?  Check the cache statistics on the admin gui.
Are there large numbers of evictions?

Alternatively, is company_facet multi- or -single-valued?  If the
latter, the filter cache is not used at all.

-Mike