lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Norberto Meijome <free...@meijome.net>
Subject Re: 2GB limit on 32 bits
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 13:41:22 GMT
On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 10:30:16 -0300
"Isart Montane" <isart.montane@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've got a dual Xeon. Here you are my cpuinfo. I've read the limit on
> a 2.6linux kernel is 4GB on user space and 4GB for kernel... that's
> why I asked
> if there's any way to reach 4GB per process.

ok - i'm obviously too tired - 32 bit should allow you up to 4 GB / proc. If hte kernel doesnt
let allow you more than that, that's an issue with your kernel.

u need to know first why u cant reach over 2 GB - java limit, OS limit ?

i'll sit in a corner very quietly now....

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid. "

  Soren Aabye Kierkegaard

I speak for myself, not my employer. Contents may be hot. Slippery when wet. Reading disclaimers
makes you go blind. Writing them is worse. You have been Warned.