lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Norberto Meijome <free...@meijome.net>
Subject Re: 2GB limit on 32 bits
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 15:35:30 GMT
On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 11:58:53 -0300
"Isart Montane" <isart.montane@gmail.com> wrote:

> More info.
>
> The kernel is compiled with HIGHMEM64 and PAE

Sorry, i havent dealt with linux kernel options for years.

PAE will give you 36 bits of address. but if the kernel is still limiting the user space to
2 GB / proc, there isn't much PAE will do. Check your OS documentation.

and, let me say it one more time - 64 bit platform. :)

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling
were disassembled by you.
 Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason.
 By all means, do not use hammer."
   IBM maintenance manual, 1975

I speak for myself, not my employer. Contents may be hot. Slippery when wet. Reading disclaimers
makes you go blind. Writing them is worse. You have been Warned.