lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From David Neubert <devmecr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Delte all docs in a SOLR index?
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 18:40:49 GMT
Sorry for another basic question -- but what is the best safe way to delete all docs in a SOLR

I tried <delete><id:*></delete> -- and that didn't work, plus wasn't sure
if it was safe -- when I put a real id in it works, but that is too tedious.

I am in my first few days using SOLR and Lucene, am iterating the schema often, starting and
stoping with test docs, etc.  I like to know a very quick way to clean out the index and start
over repeatedly -- can't seem to find it on the wiki -- maybe its Friday :)

Thanks,

Dave