lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Isart Montane" <isart.mont...@gmail.com>
Subject 2GB limit on 32 bits
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 12:03:01 GMT
Hi all,

i'm experiencing some trouble when i'm trying to lauch solr with more
than 1.6GB. My server is a FC5 with 8GB RAM but when I start solr like this

java -Xmx2000m -jar start.jar

i get the following errors:

I've tried to start a virtual machine like this

java -Xmx2000m -version

but i get the same errors.

I've read there's a kernel limitation for a 32 bits architecture of 2Gb
per process, and i just wanna know if anybody knows an alternative to
get a new 64bits server.

Thanks
Isart