lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mike Klaas <mike.kl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Embedded and HTTP Post alternatively
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 19:29:56 GMT
On 6-Nov-07, at 10:52 AM, Jörg Kiegeland wrote:

>> If you need to allow HTTP access to solr, then just use standard
>> solr with your embedded stuff in a custom request handler (or
>> something). Any other path, you will be re-inventing many wheels.
>>
>> If at all possible, I reccomend checking out:
>> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Solrj
>>
>> this is nice because you can write the same code and use it in an
>> embedded context or with an HTTP server depending on the needs (or
>> if the needs change)
> As I see, the SolrServer interface (and Solrj in general) only is
> shiped with version 1.3.
>
> Is there any date when Solr 1.3 is published?

No planned date, but I wouldn't expect it to be _too_ long.  It would
be nice to coincide with Lucene 2.3.

> How reliable are the nightly builds? Can it be used in production?

I think it is quite reliable, but there are bound to be a few quirks
that haven't been discovered yet.  I'm using it in production.

More important than any claims we make is running it against your own
application's test suite, of course.

-Mike