lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Haishan Chen <hais...@msn.com>
Subject RE: Phrase Query Performance Question
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 17:03:05 GMT

> Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 07:32:30 -0700> Subject: Re: Phrase Query Performance Question>
From: wunderwood@netflix.com> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org> > He means "extremely
frequent" and I agree. --wunder

Then it means a PHRASE (combination of terms except stopwords) appear in 5% to 10% of an index
should NOT be that frequent? I guess I get the idea.

> > On 11/2/07 1:51 AM, "Haishan Chen" <haishan@msn.com> wrote:> > >
Thanks for the advice. You certainly have a point. I believe you mean a query> > term
that appears in 5-10% of an index in a natural language corpus is> > extremely INFREQUENT?