lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Haishan Chen <hais...@msn.com>
Subject RE: Phrase Query Performance Question
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 23:29:45 GMT

> Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 12:31:29 -0700> From: hossman_lucene@fucit.org> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Phrase Query Performance Question> > > : It still feels to me that you
are trying doing something unique with your> : phrase queries. Unfortunately, you still
haven't said what you are trying to> : do in general terms, which makes it very difficult
for people to help you.> > Agreed. This seems very special case, but we dont' know what
the case is.> > If there are specific phrases you know in advance that you will care
> about, and those phrases occur as frequetnly as the individual > "words", then the
best way to deal with them is to index each "phrase" as > a single Term (and ignore the
individual words)> > Speaking more generally to mike's point...> > http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#xyproblem>
Your question appears to be an "XY Problem" ... that is: you are dealing> with "X", you
are assuming "Y" will help you, and you are asking about "Y"> without giving more details
about the "X" so that we can understand the> full issue. Perhaps the best solution doesn't
involve "Y" at all?> See Also: http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=542341> >
I think the documents I was indexing can not be considered a natural language documents. It
is constructed following certain rules and then feed into the indexing process. I guess because
of the rules many targeting searching terms have high document frequency. I am not in obligation
to achieve the quarter second performance I am just interested to see whether it is achievable.

Thanks everyone for offering advice
-Haishan