lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat JNDI Settings
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 19:31:47 GMT
: I just wanted to follow up to the list on this one...I could never get
: the JNDI settings to work with Tomcat. I went to Jetty and everything is

I'm not sure what to tell you.

I've been preping my ApacheCon demo for next week using Tomcat and JNDI
and i haven't had any problems .... i've got a few helper scripts that
save me typing when i set it up (they use "sh -x" to echo the shell
commands they execute when they run), but here's everything i do just so
you can see what i've got going on ... it might help you figure out what's
not working about your setup.

At the end of all of this Solr is up and running in tomcat using my
configured SolrHome...

chrish@asimov:/var/tmp/ac-demo$ pwd
/var/tmp/ac-demo
chrish@asimov:/var/tmp/ac-demo$ ls
books-solr-home           demo-links.html             raw-data
tomcat-context.xml
create-tomcat-context.sh  install-tomcat-and-solr.sh  tar-balls
chrish@asimov:/var/tmp/ac-demo$ find books-solr-home/
books-solr-home/
books-solr-home/conf
books-solr-home/conf/xslt
books-solr-home/conf/xslt/example.xsl
books-solr-home/conf/xslt/example_atom.xsl
books-solr-home/conf/schema_minimal.xml
books-solr-home/conf/solrconfig.xml
books-solr-home/conf/synonyms.txt
books-solr-home/conf/schema_books.xml
books-solr-home/conf/schema.xml
chrish@asimov:/var/tmp/ac-demo$ cat tomcat-context.xml

<!--

An example of declaring a specific tomcat context file that
points at our solr.war (anywhere we want it) and a Solr Home
directory (any where we want it) using JNDI.

We could have multiple context files like this, with different
names (and different Solr Home settings) to support multiple
indexes on one box.

-->