lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From 陈亮亮 <che...@yeejee.com>
Subject Re: too many open files , is it a leak of handler there?
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2008 14:05:15 GMT
Yonik, can i ask where can i get the fixed code? or the patch? i can not find it in jira? i
am a new here.thank you ^_^
----- Original Message -----
From: "Yonik Seeley" <yonik@apache.org>
To: <solr-user@lucene.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2008 10:53 AM
Subject: Re: too many open files , is it a leak of handler there?

>I just committed a fix for this.
> Thanks for tracking this down!
>
> -Yonik
>
> 2008/2/29 陈亮亮 <chenll@yeejee.com>:
>> ok i have compared the DirectSolrConnection .java and SolrDispatchFilter.java, and
found that the DirecSolrConnection really do not call the req.colse() as SolrDispatchFilter
do, which is said to free the resources. i guess it is the leak of handlers,i will try and
see.^_^

many open file exception just like that said in "http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-solr-user/200702.mbox/%3cB2D43E42-6549-46E8-80DE-902A19CEF0AC@variogr.am%3e".
And i used DirectSolrConnection to integrate solr with my application.
>>  >
>>  >
>>  >    I debuged when solr doing search, and i found that every time solr had a
query search done the refcount will increase one. I know solr use refcount to keep reasher
safe close, but should it be +1 when solr doing search and -1( it is to say call decref())
after search done? or else when commit take place it just decrease the refcount by 1, and
the refount still>1 and searcher not really close, which leads to the hanging of the handlers
and finally the too many open files problem. Is it a bug? or i should not use the DirectSolrConnection?
>>  >
>>  > By the way the "ulimit -n 10000" not work out in my case, it just delay the
time. i use the "lsof |grep solr| wc -l" to monitor the handler, it keeps increasing, i think
it is a leak of handler here.