lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From 陈亮亮 <che...@yeejee.com>
Subject Re: too many open files , is it a leak of handler there?
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 01:49:15 GMT
thanks Yonik
----- Original Message -----
From: "Yonik Seeley" <yonik@apache.org>
To: <solr-user@lucene.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2008 9:20 AM
Subject: Re: too many open files , is it a leak of handler there?

> 2008/3/2 陈亮亮 <chenll@yeejee.com>:
>> Yonik, can i ask where can i get the fixed code? or the patch? i can not find it
in jira? i am a new here.thank you ^_^

> I committed it to "trunk" (the most current development version in subversion).
> The most recent nightly build should have it.
>
> -Yonik

and found that the DirecSolrConnection really do not call the req.colse() as SolrDispatchFilter
do, which is said to free the resources. i guess it is the leak of handlers,i will try and
see.^_^
>>  >>
>>  >>
the too many open file exception just like that said in "http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-solr-user/200702.mbox/%3cB2D43E42-6549-46E8-80DE-902A19CEF0AC@variogr.am%3e".
And i used DirectSolrConnection to integrate solr with my application.
>>  >>  >
>>  >>  >
>>  >>  >    I debuged when solr doing search, and i found that every time
solr had a query search done the refcount will increase one. I know solr use refcount to keep
reasher safe close, but should it be +1 when solr doing search and -1( it is to say call decref())
after search done? or else when commit take place it just decrease the refcount by 1, and
the refount still>1 and searcher not really close, which leads to the hanging of the handlers
and finally the too many open files problem. Is it a bug? or i should not use the DirectSolrConnection?
>>  >>  >
>>  >>  > By the way the "ulimit -n 10000" not work out in my case, it just
delay the time. i use the "lsof |grep solr| wc -l" to monitor the handler, it keeps increasing,
i think it is a leak of handler here.